About Rob Hornman
Ignition-Hospitality was founded in 2014 by Robert Hornman, a seasoned hotelier with over 25 years of international hotel experience.
Rob secured his first General Manager position in Jakarta at age 28.
After managing his first hotel for ACCOR, he held various positions, including:
- Vice President Sales & Marketing – Asia
- Vice President Global Sales and Business Development at the ACCOR head office in Paris
- Managing Director – Accor Dorint SMARD in Germany
His last position at ACCOR was Vice President SOFITEL for Germany, Central Europe and Eastern Countries.
In 2008, Rob was hired by Kings Park Capital to lead WORLDHOTELS, an exclusive global group of 500 independent upscale and luxury hotels. Rob was CEO at WORLDHOTELS till mid-2014.
WORLDHOTELS was part of the IHS Groups, also including Trust International, Nexus and IFH.
In 2013 Rob was successfully leading the sale process of the IHS group that was concluded with a sale to Boston based Battery Ventures.
Rob holds a close relationship with École Hôtelière de Lausanne, he was member of the International Advisory Board from 2013 till 2015. He is also acting as guest professor for some Executive Education programs.
Rob is Dutch and lives in Cascais near Lisbon, Portugal with his wife and three kids.
Board and advisory activities include:
- Member of the supervisory board of the first West African Hotel group Azalai Hotels
- Product Evangelist and advisor The Hotel App Conichi
- Board member and advisor Guest Centric
- Founder and partner Talisman-Solutions
- Partner at Amandla Capital
- Partner at Nazare Canyon Development